Members of the Castaic Union School District Governing Board will gather in the district’s office to conduct their regular board meeting Thursday night.
During the meeting, board members are expected to approve a memorandum of understanding with Rise Educational Services to oversee an after-school program at Northlake Hills elementary School.
The program will include time for snack, homework assistance, afterschool play, enrichment, crafts, clubs, fitness and indoor recreation from the end from the school day until 6:15 p.m.
Through the program, students will have a safe afterschool environment to participate in enrichment and receive academic help.
Board members area also expected to approve an independent contract with Jennifer Fischer of Think Ten Media Group to conduct an afterschool keyboard class at Northlake Hills Elementary School for six weeks.
Two resolutions are also expected to be reviewed and adopted during the meeting naming May 10 California Day of the Teacher and the week of May 21 Classified School Employees Week.
Board members are also planning on approving an agreement with the accounting firm of Vavrinek, Trine, Day & Co. for the fiscal years ending in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
The firm will conduct multiple visits to the district and communicate with staff to meet their reporting requirement and evaluate internal controls. The firm will also assistant the district’s fiscal services department in accounting and business matters throughout its contract duration.
At the end of the meeting, board members are also expected to discuss the Chiquita Canyon Landfill expansion and potentially issue a statement about their stance on the issue.
Additional Agenda Items:
- Conduct first reading to adopt revised board policies and administrative regulations: Transportation for Students with Disabilities; Transportation Safety and Emergencies; Nondiscrimination in Employment; School Calendar;
- Conduct second reading to adopt revised board policy and administrative regulation: Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Prevention Instruction
- Conduct first reading to adopt revised exhibit: Student Use of Technology; Actions by the Board
- Approve the Publishing of School Accountability Report Cards for Castaic Elementary, Live Oak Elementary, Northlake Hills Elementary and Castaic Middle School for School Year 2015-2016
- Approve 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 Castaic Union School District School Calendars and Classified/Confidential/Management Holiday Schedules
- Approve student teaching agreement with California State University, Los Angeles
- Approve agreement with California School Boards Association (CSBA) Governance Consulting Services for a “Good Beginnings” workshop June 3
On Twitter as @_ChristinaCox_