Swim League Finals Volunteers, August 4, 8:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
LA84 Swim Festival Volunteers, August 11, 6:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Santa Clarita Aquatic Center, 20850 Centre Pointe Pkwy., Santa Clarita
- Beat the heat by volunteering at the Swim League Finals and the LA84 Swim Festival. Volunteers will check in swimmers, time races, and help with other duties. Visit SantaClaritaVolunteers.com for more information and to register to volunteer. Two shifts available.
Trails and Open Space Beautification Projects, Wednesdays and Saturdays 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. year round
- Join a group of dedicated volunteers and help clean up and maintain City trails. Interested volunteers must pre-register at SantaClaritaVolunteers.com. Wednesdays and Saturdays, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. A listing of clean-up dates can be found at: http://santaclaritavolunteers.com/
The ARTree is looking for Fully-Clothed Models for our Drawing Group
- Any gender, any body type. Any age adults or teenagers with parental permission.
- These models are needed for our adult drawing group, held on the first, second, and third Thursday of each month between 6-9 p.m. We need models for individual sessions, or for multiple sessions. We will pay you $30 per session. Please contact us if interested, at (661) 673-7500, or at email@example.com
- ARTree is always on the lookout for volunteers from the community to work on various fun and interesting projects, including teaching art to children, helping out and assisting teachers, working with adults on art projects, working in our Flutterby program, working on murals, and a host of other fun activities! Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering any time! (661) 673-7500.
Help the Children Seeks Help
- Help the Children Santa Clarita is seeking assistance for the struggling children and their families in the SCV. We have three immediate needs that enable us to give that hand-up to our community members in need. If you have a truck, SUV or minivan, and you also have time, we need drivers to help pick-up donations. If you are retired, semi-retired or just care about others, please consider helping us as a driver. If you are financially blessed, please consider donating. We are touching the lives of 10,000 families with our resources each year; we can only do that with your help. The average cost is $11 per family per year.
- Our resources are limited to SCV families at or below the poverty line, single parents, and families escaping abuse, veterans and the homeless. We are also in short supply of peanut butter, jelly, canned fruit, canned meats such as chili/stew/hash, canned pastas and both hot and cold cereals.
- For more information on these opportunities to keep Santa Clarita hunger-free, or how you can partner with our community outreach, please contact Help the Children at either (661) 702-8852 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Help the Children, 25030 Avenue Tibbitts, Suite L, Valencia, CA 91355. www.helpthechildren.org
SCV Food Pantry Volunteer Substitute Drivers Needed
- What: The SCV Food Pantry needs substitute/or on call volunteer drivers to pick up donations from local markets and businesses. Drivers must have a valid California driver’s license, the ability to lift 50 lbs. and the willingness to help those less fortunate in the Santa Clarita Valley. Substitute/or on call drivers are asked to fill in when the regularly scheduled drivers are not available. Join the best group of volunteers in the Santa Clarita Valley and help your neighbors in need.
- When: Regularly scheduled pick-ups are made Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. -12 p.m.
- More info: Contact the Santa Clarita Valley Food Pantry at (661) 255-9078 or email@example.com.
SCV Senior Center Seeking Volunteers
- What: The Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center needs volunteers to pack lunches for the homebound elderly.
- When: Any day, Monday through Friday
- Where: 22900 Market Street, Santa Clarita
- More info: To volunteer, contact Robin at (661) 259-9444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read With Me Program Seeks Volunteers
- What: SCV Education Foundation Read with Me! Program is seeking volunteers to assist young children with their reading skills in local public school classrooms. Working one-on-one or in small groups you’ll read with students, helping them with vocabulary, comprehension and fluency. Share your love of reading.
- When: One to two days a week, one to two hours a day.
- Where: Local public elementary schools.
- Cost: Free
- More info: Coordinator@scveducationfoundation.org
Carousel Ranch Seeking Volunteers
- What: Carousel Ranch located in Agua Dulce, is a non-profit organization which provides therapeutic horseback riding lessons to children with special needs. We rely on wonderful volunteers. Please join us. Must be 15 or older.
- When: Volunteer times are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. or anytime in-between for at least 2 hours
- More info: Please call Carousel Ranch at (661) 268-8010, and ask for Gail.
Swan Center Outreach
- What: Swan Center Outreach located in Castaic is a non-profit organization which provides spiritually minded individuals with knowledge and experiences with horses that lead to higher levels of awareness, balance and the fulfillment of one’s purpose. Volunteers are needed to assist in general farm chores. Children 9 years to adult. Younger than 9 or special needs may be eligible pending an interview to determine their ability to safely participate.
- Horse handlers are also needed but must complete at least two 4-hour days as a general volunteer and complete a Horse Handler Volunteer Training Class.
- More info: Times and classes vary. Please call (661) 257-8669 or email, email@example.com
This post was last modified on July 25, 2018, 1:20 pm