Startup Weekend SCV is a unique opportunity for developers, designers, and business people to team up and build a startup in just 54 hours! This event happens all over the world and can help you get from zero to a new company by Sunday night!
Weekend activities include rapid-fire startup pitches, prototype building, customer development, coaching and feedback by local mentors, a keynote speaker, concluding with a Shark Tank-style judging session.
Those with a startup in mind get 60 seconds to pitch their idea (pitching is not required), attendees then vote for their favorites, and then teams naturally form around the top ideas!
Days two and three involve collaboration as teams take their ideas from paper to working prototype including interaction with potential customers.
This opportunity provides you with a challenging, engaging, and risk-free space to test out that great idea youâ€™ve been hanging on to (or help someone build theirs).
Designers, developers, business people, and other backgrounds will get opportunities to:
– Pitch and validate your idea, as well as potentially earn bragging rights for launching a successful startup.
– Collaborate to design & build something that people want and might actually use in an agile environment.
– Gather feedback and iterate based on feedback from real experts in the field.
– Challenge yourself in a fast-paced real-life experience of building a company.
– Connect with talented like-minded entrepreneurs (you might even find your future co-founder!)
– Add experience to your resume and impress future employers.