Did you inherit a site from a designer or developer and need to make updates? Scared to click the update button? Don’t know the difference between a theme and a plugin? Worried about breaking something?
Learn WordPress the right way in this series of lessons at the Old Town Newhall Library in Santa Clarita. This monthly series will be an opportunity for you to learn WordPress from the ground up. Instructor-led topics will walk you through best practices for going from idea to online and the steps in-between.
We’ll cover the following basics:
– The History of WordPress
– WordPress.com vs Self-hosting
– Picking an internet service provider
– A Tour of the WordPress Dashboard
– Posts, Pages, Media and more
– Settings, users, and tools
– Hands-On: Picking a Theme
– Dos and font’s of finding a theme
– Premium vs Free Themes
– WordPress Theme and Plugin Repository
– Questions & Answers
– Site Reviews