A 44-year-old transient was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor indecent exposure and felony violation of probation after a report of indecent exposure at a restaurant on the 26100 block of Bouquet Canyon Road in Saugus, according to an official with the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station.
The call came in at 4 p.m. Friday and the suspect, Nicholas Escarcega, allegedly exposed himself to a woman in the restaurant, according to an email statement from Shirley Miller, spokeswoman for the station.
Miller’s statement did not identify the restaurant, and she was not immediately available for a follow-up query on Monday. There are several restaurants within that same block.
Responding deputies arrested the man on suspicion of a misdemeanor charge of indecent exposure, as well as a felony charge for violation of probation, the statement said.
The suspect was previously held in lieu of $1.37 million bail after multiple run-ins with the law, according to original reports by The Signal.
He was arrested in August 2024 after a resident reported someone was breaking into cars near McBean Parkway and Orchard Village Road, according to Sgt. Robert Jensen, former spokesman for the SCV Sheriff’s Station.
Jensen said deputies responded to the call and found him using the witness’ description of the suspect’s clothing and appearance, following the previous incident. After deputies investigated the scene, they reported the suspect also damaged multiple windows with rocks, causing more than $1,000 in damage to residents’ vehicles, according to initial reports in 2024.
Deputies also reported that he had an active restraining order against him that forbade him from being at the location where he was arrested during initial reporting in 2024.
In addition to the alleged violation of the restraining order and suspicion of burglary, Escarcega also was booked on suspicion of trying to bring drugs into jail, after a small white bindle of suspected methamphetamine was found on his person as he was being booked at the SCV Sheriff’s Station jail, according to station officials in the initial reporting done by The Signal in Aug. 2024.
Escarcega previously had a pair of charges, assault and elder abuse, dismissed around June after L.A. County Superior Court found there had been a lack of speedy trial, according to court records. Three days later he was sentenced to 364 days in jail with credit for six months served and six months of good behavior after a no-contest plea to a misdemeanor charge of a hit-and-run causing injury, according to an article published by The Signal in Aug. 2024.






