Members of the Castaic Union School District Governing Board will meet for their first regular meeting of the year Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
During the meeting, the board will honor and recognize four district teachers and present them with the title of “Teacher of the Year.”
This year’s outstanding teachers are: Terri Stillson of Castaic Elementary School, Krysti Simmons of Live Oak Elementary School, Brian Ortiz of Castaic Middle School and Erin Oxhorn-Gilpin of Northlake Hills Elementary School.
Governing Board members will also hear a principal report from Live Oak Elementary School Principal Cynthia Seamands and a business services report on a District Capacity Study from Eric Hall.
Members of the community will able to present additional public testimony about the district’s proposed voting areas associated with its transition to a by-trustee area election system.
The board will also approve of an independent contract between the Castaic Union School District and Lara Frandzel to conduct monthly science experiments with students at Castaic Elementary School.
This contract states that Frandzel will work with classroom teachers to choose types of experiences and schedule times for instruction. Lessons will be aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards and will coincide with lessons being taught in the elementary school classrooms.
Additional Agenda Items:
- Approval of addendum to Single Plans for Student Achievement to be presented in June of each school year instead of January of each school year
- Present Castaic Union School District (CUSD) Board of Trustees 2016-17 re-opener to Castaic Teachers Association (CTA) and therefore “sunshine” the proposal at a public meeting
- Adoption of all district policies in effect as of Jan. 12, 2017 as official policies for Dec. 8, 2016 to Dec. 7, 2017
- Approval of field trips for all schools within the district
- Appointment of trustees to Castaic Union School District School Facilities Corporation to assist district with school construction financing, school site acquisition and cost reduction
On Twitter as @_ChristinaCox_