The Saugus Union School District received a large grant from the Los Angeles County Arts Commission to support music and arts integration at its 15 school sites.
The district’s Governing Board is expected to discuss the $18,300 Los Angeles County Arts Education Grant/Advancement Grant—formerly the Arts for All Grant—during its regular meeting Tuesday.
“This grant offers financial support to help school district advance the quality, quantity and equitable distribution of arts instruction in schools,” a letter from the to the Los Angeles County Arts Education Collective to the district read.
According to Tuesday’s agenda, part of this grant will support arts education from the PAC K-12 Arts Education Outreach Program.
The Advancement Grant, as well as funds from each school’s PTA and PTO, will support UniverSOUL Hip Hop residencies at Highlands Elementary School, Santa Clarita Elementary School, Tesoro del Valle Elementary School and Emblem Academy.
During Tuesday’s meeting, Governing Board members are also expected to ratify a Los Angeles Universal Preschool California State Preschool Program Quality Improvement Block Grant of $4,000 for the Santa Clarita State Preschool Program.
The board is also expected to approve a second change order to the Lobby Remodel/Single Point of Entry Project at Bridgeport Elementary School.
This second change order for Karnak Developments Inc. will add $1,060.52 to the original contract amount of $41,757.30.
The Measure EE funded project relocated one ceiling mounted Exit sign and installed a new illumination Exit sign to comply with codes.
Additional Agenda Items
- Review the 2017-18 Parent Handbook for the Child Development Programs Cedarcreek After School Education and Safety Program (ASES)
- Conduct a second reading and adoption of board policies: Concepts and Roles; Youth Services; Communication with the Public; Media Relations; Student Wellness; School Calendar; Personnel-Certification
- Conduct a first reading and board policies and administrative regulations: School-Connected Organization; Volunteer Assistance; Personnel: Employment References
- Conduct a mid-year Transitional Kindergarten (TK) discussion
- Ratify Santa Clarita Valley School Food Services Agency contracts with Child Development Programs, and Emblem and Rosedell Full-Day Preschool Programs
- Approve Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) contract with the Los Angeles County Office of Education for teacher and staff member training
- Ratify change order to L&M Mechanical Inc. for an increase of $7,191 for the HVAC replacement project at the district office
- Approve notices of completion for work done at Bridgeport , Cedarcreek, Emblem Academy, Highlands , James Foster, North Park , Rio Vista, Rosedell, Santa Clarita and Skyblue Mesa Elementary Schools
On Twitter as @_ChristinaCox