Businesses and restaurants throughout the Santa Clarita Valley are coming together Tuesday to donate a portion of their earnings to help victims of the Las Vegas shooting.
From 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. during the “Day of Healing,” residents can visit one of 10 locations to donate a portion of their bill to support victims of the Route 91 Harvest Festival attack.
Hosted by the not-for-profit SCV Healing Fund and feedSCV, the donations are expected to help with both the medical costs and psychiatric costs of residents affected by the incident.
According to the event organizers, the Day of Healing will be a time to come together as a community, show compassion to others and remind the victims that they are still in SCV’s thoughts.
To participate in the Day of Healing, residents should visit one of the participating restaurants or businesses and mention the “SCV Healing Fund” to have a portion of their bill donated to the victims. Most locations are donating 20 percent of their proceeds to the fund.
The donations are considered “quid pro quo” donations and are not deductible for patron; however, residents can make direct tax-deductible donations online at squareup.com/store/feedscv-inc.
Businesses donating a portion of sales:
- An Indian Affaire – 23360 Valencia Blvd, Valencia, CA 91355
- Egg Plantation – 24415 Walnut St, Newhall, CA 91321
- Newhall Refinery – 24258 Main St, Santa Clarita, CA 91321
- Pocock Brewery and Pacific Pizza Co – 24907 Ave Tibbitts B, Santa Clarita, CA 91355
- Sisley – 24201 Valencia Blvd, Valencia, CA 91355
- Southern Smoke BBQ – 24255 Main St, Santa Clarita, CA 91321
- Studio 11/Tonya Hair Design – Call on Tuesday and make an appointment for any day and a portion of your sale will go to the Healing Fund.
- Vincenzo’s Pizza Newhall – 24504 Lyons Ave, Santa Clarita, CA 91321
- Vincenzo’s Saugus – 20701 Plum Canyon Rd, Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Businesses donating a flat sum:
- Schoonerville Bar and Grill – 26254 Bouquet Canyon Rd, Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Dallas Pest Control – 661-287-3254