Firefighters responded to a medical emergency at Oak Tree Gun Club on Sunday.
“Some metal, sharp object hit a male adult in the chest,” Los Angeles County Fire Department Supervisor Cheryl Sims said. “They’re doing the initial triage right now, and an ambulance is on (the) scene.”
L.A. County Fire Department personnel first responded to the club, located on Coltrane Avenue just before 3:15 p.m., to reports of a gun malfunction, according to Sims.
One patient was transported to the hospital just after 3:45 p.m., Sims later added.
Sims was unable to confirm whether the injury was a gunshot, nor the extent of the patient’s injuries as of the publication of this story.
“It was (labeled) as an injury,” she added.
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station deputies did not respond to the incident, as it was considered a medical emergency call in which no crime was committed, according to spokeswoman Shirley Miller.
This is a breaking news story and will be updated as more information becomes available.