A reported overdose at Sierra Vista Junior High School resulted in a response from the Los Angeles County Fire Department with two transports occurring on Friday, according to L.A. County Fire Department officials.
According to Bernard Peters, a spokesman for the L.A. County Fire Department, firefighters were dispatched at 2:21 p.m. to Sierra Vista Junior High School due to reports of an overdose.
They arrived on the scene at 2:24 p.m.
Upon arrival, firefighters learned that at least one student had taken an edible, according to Peters.
According to Debbie Dunn, executive assistant and communications coordinator for the William S. Hart Union High School District, two students were transported to the hospital for medical reasons as a precaution.
“Both were conscious and responsive,” wrote Dunn in an email to The Signal.