Members of the William S. Hart Union High School District Governing Board will approve companies to oversee labor compliance monitoring, complete Department of State Architect (DSA) materials testing and act as the DSA inspector of record for Castaic High School construction efforts at its meeting Wednesday.
District staff, construction management company Lundgren Management and architect Ruhnau Clarke received proposals from companies and offered their recommendations for each of the positions.
To offer labor compliance monitoring services, the officials recommended hiring Alliant Consulting, Inc. to oversee the project’s adherence to labor laws and wage requirements.
To comply with DSA guidelines, the district must hire an independent materials testing lab to work with the inspector of record/project inspector to perform DSA mandated materials tests.
Out of the eight proposals and four company interviews, the committee recommended the hiring of Twining, Inc. to act as the project’s DSA materials testing lab of record.
In its proposal, Twinning stated that it expects to complete 500 average inspection hours per month for a total of more than 11,000 inspection hours over 22 months.
DSA also requires that the district hires an independent DSA inspector to oversee site and building construction and ensure compliance with DSA plans and specifications.
Out of the eight proposals received and three company interviews conducted, the committee recommended the hiring of Knowland Construction Services, Inc. The company has an estimated budget of $804,720 for its work on the project.
Before agenda items on the meeting begin, the board will hold a reception for outgoing board member Robert Hall for his service as 2016 board president.
Additional Agenda Items
- Election of board members to positions of president, clerk and assistant clerk
- Approval of resolution for appointment of representatives to the Santa Clarita Valley Facilities Foundation and to the Saugus/Hart School Facilities Financing Authority
- Appointment of representatives to Audit and Finance Committee, Facility Modernization/Construction Monitoring Committee, Citizen’s Oversight Committee, WiSH Education Foundation, Los Angeles County Committee on School District Organization, Los Angeles County School Trustees Association, Special Education Board Liaison Committee
- Appointment of employee to the position of Adult Education Administrator
- Adoption of College Readiness Block Grant Expenditure Plan for 2016-17 through 2017-18
- Sunshine initial bargaining proposal from Hart District Teachers Association to district for the 2016-17 schoolyear
- Presentation and approval of the 2016-17 First Interim Financial Report
- Approval of resolution authorizing the issuance of Community Facilities District Special Tax Bonds
- Approval of Summer School Program agreement between district and Opportunities for Learning (OFL) for Summer School in 2017 and 2018
On Twitter as @_ChristinaCox_