A motorist who fled the scene of a traffic collision that sent five people to the hospital on the night of July 4th last year pleaded no contest Wednesday to one count of hit and run resulting in injury, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said Wednesday.
Christian Zamora, 32, appeared Wednesday in San Fernando Superior Court where he entered a plea of no contest to one count of hit-and-run driving resulting in injury, DA spokesman Greg Risling told The Signal Wednesday.
In February, after hearing the evidence presented by prosecutors at a preliminary hearing, a judge ordered Zamora to answer to the felony count, DA spokeswoman Sarah Ardalani said at the time.
Zamora was arrested about 10:45 p.m. on July 4, 2016.
Shortly before 10 p.m. that same day, five people were injured and rushed to the hospital in a two-car traffic collision in Valencia, Los Angeles County Fire Department Inspector Gustavo Medina said at the time.
The crash happened shortly before 10 p.m. on Magic Mountain Parkway at Tourney Road in Valencia.
Zamora is scheduled to sentenced Aug. 18.
on Twitter @jamesarthurholt