The Saugus Union School District is set to appoint Isa DeArmas as its assistant superintendent of education services during its regular meeting of the governing board Tuesday.
If approved by the board, DeArmas’ position will be effective Wednesday and will continue until June 30, 2018.
The assistant superintendent of education services is responsible for the management and coordination of curriculum, instruction, assessment and professional development in the schools and programs across the district.
In this position, he or she also serves as the chief administrative officer of student support services, information technology, child development programs and instruction departments.
Other board meeting agenda items
- Review of Comprehensive Facilities Master Plan and Site Specific Master Plans for planned phased improvements coming to schools throughout district
- Selection committee’s recommendations for parent members of the Measure EE Citizens Oversight Committee
- Floor installation in the main office and rooms 1-17 at Cedarcreek Elementary School
- Floor replacement in the Child Development Program at Tesoro Del Valle Elementary School
- Construction of an additional toilet facility with a pod area at Mountainview Elementary School
- Construction of interior doors and walls for quiet instruction in pod areas at James Foster Elementary School
- Cedarcreek Elementary School’s 1st grade trip to Moorpark Teaching Zoo
- West Creek Academy’s 4th grade trip to Santa Clarita Valley Trails Ranch
- Highlands Elementary School’s 5th grade trip to San Fernando Mission
- Plum Canyon Elementary School’s 3rd grade trip to SEEAG Petty Ranch
- Mountainview Elementary School’s 5th grade trip to Ronald Reagan Library
On Twitter as @_ChristinaCox_