The holiday season can be stressful for single parents and Single Mothers Outreach is there to support our families all year round. We work with partners such as Princess Cruises and the local Junior Chamber/Jaycees to ensure all our families have support during the holidays with events such as Adopt a Family
, where Princess Cruises staff go shopping for our families, and the Jaycees who take some of our families ice staking and provide Christmas Gifts to children and teenagers along with a visit from Santa Claus! Our organization is dependent on the kindness of our sponsors, donors and volunteers and we would like to thank everyone who has helped us this year. Only this week (November 20) we have seen the following:
- A retired police officer visited the office and donated $1,500.
- We received a great donation from World Vision on Thursday including beautiful toys and supplies for our families.
- Tamar House from Team House Real Estate produced a nice short video to promote Closet on Main and became a sponsor for our signature Empowering Hearts Gala.
- New Life Assembly of God hosted a Thanksgiving free lunch today for 100 of our members. Everyone was pleased with such a fantastic event.
- Saturday’s tree lighting in Newhall saw hundreds of people visit our popular Closet on Main store and we had a record sales day.
During the holidays, we see many kind hearted individuals and organizations wanting to help our families and we are tremendously grateful for their support. At this time we kindly ask for the following as these will be most beneficial for our families:
- Gift Cards to supermarkets and gas cards
- Nonperishable food items
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the people of Santa Clarita Valley for their support and for The Signal for their support too. As we move into 2017, we are looking forward to our 2017 Empowering HeArts Gala on Saturday, February 11, 2017 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Savia Community Center. The Gala showcases the honorees and her artist and the artwork is shown to the public for the first time. Local dignitaries, families, friends and the greater SCV community are invited to view the art and read the stories of each of the honorees and learn the Grand Prize and People’s Choice Award winners.