Beginning in the 2018-2019 school year, parents in the Saugus Union School District will be able to register their students electronically.
The contract for the new online registration tool from Infinite Campus is expected to be approved by the district’s Governing Board during its regular meeting Tuesday.
District staff are expected to be trained on the software after this year’s winter break before the program goes live Feb. 19, 2018.
The online tool also follows the second goal of the district’s Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) which aims to increase meaningful and purposeful student, teacher and parent engagement.
This goal and action item is also expected to help decrease truancy rates, chronic absenteeism and suspension to increase student achievement and performance.
Overall, annual fees for the online registration tool are expected to cost $2 per student and total costs are not expected to exceed $22,200.
The Governing Board is also expected to approve of several contracts for the construction of modular science classroom buildings at 10 sites, two-story classroom buildings at Emblem Academy and West Creek Academy, and a new door and single point of entry project at Tesoro del Valle.
First, the district is expected to approve of a contract with HMC Group for architecture work to design and coordinate the engineering for the new modular science classroom building that will be placed at 10 sites throughout the district.
The Measure EE projects are expected to being Nov. 22 and continue into early 2019.
In addition to this contract, the Governing Board is expected to approve of individuals site work contracts with different companies to complete the science classroom projects throughout the district.
These include: an HMC Group contract for site work at Highlands Elementary totaling $20,250, an HMC Group contract for site work at Rosedell Elementary totaling $20,250, an HMC Group contract for site work at Plum Canyon Elementary totaling $265,522, a Gonzales Goodale Architects contract for site work at Mountainview Elementary totaling $20,250 and a Gonzales Goodale Architects contract for site work at Santa Clarita Elementary totaling $20,250.
In addition, the board is expected to approve of another contract with Gonzalez Goodale Architects for a new modular 2-Story Building Project at Emblem Academy totaling $105,500.
The Governing Board is also expected to approve of a contract with The Nazerian Group for a new door and concrete as part of the Point of Entry Project at Tesoro del Valle totaling $18,975.
This lobby remodel and single point of entry project is also part of Phase 1 of the district’s Comprehensive Master Plan.
Board members are also expected to approve of PSOMAS contracts for site surveying services and utility locating services at Santa Clarita Elementary, James Foster Elementary, Emblem Academy and Plum Canyon Elementary.
Finally, the Governing Board is expected to approve of Change Order No. 2 to a The Nazerian Groupcontract for the New 2-Story Classroom Building Site Work Project at West Creek Academy.
This additional work will cost $121,396.73 and bring the total of the contract to $1,656,850.70.
Additional Agenda Items:
- Conduct second reading of board policy and administrative regulation: School Day
- Conduct second reading to adopt board policies and administrative regulations: Concepts and Roles; Classroom Interruptions; and Early Retirement Option
- Approve of Child Development Program salary schedule adjustment, from $10.50 per hour to $11 per hour, to comply with new minimum wage requirement
- Approve of the purchase of a visitor management system from Raptor Technologies for software and PC hardware
- Approve of A.A.P. Construction, Inc. contract totaling $44,950 to convert a storage room into an ADA compliant restroom at the Santa Clarita Elementary’s Child Development Programs building
- Approve of A.A.P. Construction, Inc. contract totaling $31,900 to demolish and re-configure the Fiscal Services Department at the District Office
- Approve of Change Order No.1 to a Courtney Inc. contract for the Roofing Replacement Project at the District Office totaling $23,760
- Approve of Change Order No.1 to a Floor Connection contract for the Carpet Installation project in the Fiscal Services Department at the District Office totaling $3,123.09
On Twitter as @_ChristinaCox_