Hart High Student Selected as National Youth Delegate for Conference at George Mason University
Hart High School student, Melainey Foerster, will represent Valencia at the 2018 Washington Youth Summit in Washington D.C. Courtesy photo
By Signal Contributor
Wednesday, February 28th, 2018

By Staci Fortner, Santa Clarita Contributor

Melainey Foerster, a student at Hart High School, has been selected to represent Valencia, California as a National Youth Delegate to the 2018 Washington Youth Summit on the Environment at George Mason University.

Foerster joins a select group of 300 students from across the country to participate in an intensive, week-long study of leadership in environmental science and conservation. Foerster was chosen based on academic accomplishments and a demonstrated interest and excellence in leadership in the sciences and conservation studies.

George Mason University along with partners, National Geographic and the National Zoo are excited to welcome the nation’s young scholars to Washington, D.C. With distinguished faculty, guest speakers, and direct access to elite D.C. practitioners, the Washington Youth Summit on the Environment offers aspiring environmentalists and student leaders an unparalleled experience. The week-long program is held at George Mason University’s state-of-the-art campus. The Summit will encourage and inspire young leaders who desire a unique experience focused on successful careers in this dynamic industry.

The Washington Youth Summit on the Environment will be held June 24 to 29, 2018.

For more on the Washington Youth Summit on the Environment, please visit: wyse.gmu.edu

About the author

Signal Contributor

Signal Contributor