As part of a plan to drive crime down, residents will once again have an opportunity to purchase home security devices at a discounted price, the city of Santa Clarita announced Tuesday.
The city is renewing its partnership with Ring, a product line of security technology focused on mitigating crime in neighborhoods, after a successful first rebate program last summer.
Through funds appropriated by the city and matching funds from Ring, the $50,000 program will allow 500 verified Santa Claritans to receive a $100 subsidy code to use toward the company’s security devices.
“The city of Santa Clarita is consistently ranked as one of the safest places to live and raise a family,” said city Communications Manager Carrie Lujan. “This program allows residents to get a discount on the Ring video doorbells and other security items, which will give them an extra peace of mind knowing their homes and families are safe. This program was very popular when we did it last summer, and we are happy to be able to partner with Ring to make it happen again.”
The subsidy program is set to take place at an event from 6-8 p.m. on April 18 at the Old Town Newhall Library where those interested in learning more about and purchasing Ring products will have a chance on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Prior to the event, residents are encouraged to review full program details and refer to eligible product details by visiting shop.ring.com and are advised to arrive early. For questions about the Ring subsidy program, residents may email [email protected].
- If the subsidy does not sell out during the kickoff event, the city will post an application to its website allowing other residents to participate until the program funding limit has been reached. Codes will be sent to qualifying residents redeemable only at Ring.com at 3 p.m. daily, excluding holidays, until the funding limit has been reached.
- Residents must attend the kickoff event in person, and provide a valid form of government ID and a copy of a utility bill in order to verify residency and receive their subsidy discount info on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Discounts will be provided by Ring to confirmed residents and applied during checkout toward the in-person purchase of devices at the event. Only credit card purchases will be accepted — no cash or checks.
- Residents will have the opportunity to purchase the devices with $100 off the retail price such as Video Doorbell 2, Video Doorbell Pro and Spotlight Cam Solar.
- Ring is also offering $30 off additional security devices, with a maximum of two per household, and 20 percent off accessories.
- Subsidy codes are limited to one per household and cannot be re-used or applied toward previously purchased Ring products.
- Residents will also need to pay an additional subscription fee if they would like to save device footage or sign up for the alarm monitoring service.
- Residents who participated in the 2018 city of Santa Clarita and Ring subsidy program in August 2018 will not be eligible to participate in this event.