Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital officials confirmed one additional coronavirus COVID-19 result Sunday afternoon, bringing the total to at least 42 in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Three of those positive cases have been hospitalized, according to Patrick Moody, a spokesman for the hospital.
Henry Mayo has administered 200 tests, and 143 of those have returned, while 57 are still pending results.
In Los Angeles County, 2,136 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed and 37 deaths, as of noon Sunday. Over the last 48 hours, there have been 676 new cases.
The city of Santa Clarita has a total of 38 confirmed cases and Castaic has four, per Public Health.
The numbers are as follows, according to the Saturday Public Health numbers:
- City of Santa Clarita: 38
- Unincorporated – Castaic: 4
- Unincorporated – Acton: 0
- Unincorporated – Agua Dulce: 0
- Unincorporated – Canyon Country: “–”
- Unincorporated – Lake Hughes: 0
- Unincorporated – Newhall: 0
- Unincorporated – Placerita Canyon: 0
- Unincorporated – Sand Canyon: 0
- Unincorporated – Saugus: 0
- Unincorporated – Saugus/Canyon Country: 0
- Unincorporated – Stevenson Ranch: “–”
- Unincorporated – Val Verde: 0
- Unincorporated – Valencia: “–”
Anywhere there is a “ – ” means they could have between one and four cases, according to county DPH officials.
“This is done to protect patient privacy,” Bernard Tolliver, a Public Health spokesman, said in a previous Signal interview. “Once these locations have five or greater cases then that will be included. Locations that have zero will say ‘zero.’”