Valuables can be stored in different ways. For example, a certain part of them may be in a bank, and some owners send digital assets to special cloud services. However, some valuable things remain in storage at home.
At first glance, it may seem that in this case, it is enough to put them in a distant drawer or closet and close the door tightly. Such a decision will not save valuable things from robbers, floods, natural disasters, and fire. That is why experts recommend using home safes, selected according to individual requests, to store these things.
What Are the Types of Home Safes?
After looking at the website of any construction manufacturer, you can see a large number of models. This is not surprising, because companies are constantly improving technologies and taking into account customer requests. They currently offer the following varieties:
- Portable models: These are compact, roomy designs that are small in size and easy to use. In addition, they have a small weight. Thanks to the specified characteristics, portable home safes are easy to move to the desired place and even take with you on a trip. The structures do not take up much space and provide reliable protection of all valuables during short and long trips.
- Floor varieties: The category of home safes also includes models that are built into the floor. From above, they can be covered with furniture or a carpet. The main advantages of the varieties are convenience, inconspicuousness, as well as different capacity options.
- Wall safes for the home: These are popular designs that are suitable for placement between two walls. This provides the possibility of hiding the safe behind furniture, a picture, or a bookshelf. It is also inconspicuous, but it is worth choosing the location carefully. After all, a thief can easily find them behind the pictures.
If you use the criterion of locking mechanisms, home safes can be divided into 3 types. Among them are models with mechanical, electronic, and combined locks. Each option has advantages and disadvantages. Before making a choice, you need to carefully study the features of each mechanism or get advice from a specialist.
What Are the Advantages of Having a Safe in the House?
Many homeowners believe that a home safe is a waste of money. However, this is a false belief. The construction has several significant advantages that fully justify the cost of this thing. Including:
- Lack of worry and stress: When there are large sums of money or many precious ornaments in the house, the residents feel anxious. Its level is significantly reduced if all these things are in a strong fire-resistant safe that meets the established requirements.
- Reducing the risks of theft, break-ins, and damage to things: If things are placed in a regular drawer, they can be exposed to different types of influences. For example, thieves will easily find them there.
- Protection from inquisitive children: Cases of children spoiling valuables and cash freely available in the home are not uncommon. To reduce risks and protect items from the smallest members of the family, it is worth buying a home safe.
An additional advantage is the possibility of reducing insurance payments. Companies lower rates if they are confident that things are securely protected.
In modern realities, a home safe is a necessity that provides peace of mind and a lack of worry about the safety of valuables. This design not only protects items from thieves but also reduces the risk of loss in case of flooding, fire, and natural disasters. Considering the number of home safes’ advantages, they can be safely called a profitable investment. Especially because they can protect large sums of money, heirlooms, jewelry, and securities.