Seniors

santa clarita valley seniors, scv seniors, santa clarita seniors, seniors in santa clarita, local santa clarita seniors, santa clarita senior stories, santa clarita ssenior center

The Savvy Senior | How to Choose a 55-Plus Active Adult Community

Dear Savvy Senior,   What tips can you recommend for choosing a good active adult housing community? My husband and I, who recently retired, are planning to relocate to an area closer to our grandkids and are interested in buying a house in an age-restricted 55-plus housing community.    — Active Retirees   Dear Active,   If you’re contemplating moving into an age-restricted community,

Celebrating a ‘diamond’ anniversary

In the 1940s, dating for Harold and Marian Berkeland consisted of roller skating, bicycling, and taking trips to the movie theater.  After meeting her as

Senior Center seeks volunteer meal drivers

The Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center asks the community for volunteers to help deliver meals to homebound seniors, officials said in a news release.  “Meals

Oakmont resident reaches 100

Though Mary Zimmerman recently celebrated her 100th birthday, she still uses her walker as more of a purse than for support. “She doesn’t need it.

Santa Clarita Encore Chorale to perform free concert

News release  The Santa Clarita Encore Chorale is inviting local families to a free concert, “The 12 Days After Christmas,” or “Your Christmas Gifts Are for the Birds!” on Friday, Dec. 3, at 7 p.m. 

Turkeys galore for SCV seniors

The pandemic isolated many people last year – including seniors who often live alone, away from loved ones. However, this holiday season, the Rotary Club

Turkeys galore for SCV seniors

The pandemic isolated many people last year – including seniors who often live alone, away from loved ones. However, this holiday season, the Rotary Club

Oakmont seniors get special animal visit

Zebras, donkeys and goats — oh my! Last week, senior residents at Oakmont of Valencia and their families had the opportunity to experience their weekly

Workshop scheduled for senior drivers

The office of state Sen. Scott Wilk, R-Santa Clarita, is hosting a virtual Keeping the Keys workshop with the Automobile Club of Southern California for older drivers