Santa Clarita Philharmonic moves to the Performing Arts Center and announces its 4th Annual Student Concerto Competition

Music Director, Jeffrey Gilbert, “conducts” the move to the Performing Arts Center. Courtesy photo
Share
Tweet
Email

Dr. Mark Elfont, Santa Clarita Contributor

For the 2017-2018 season, the Santa Clarita Philharmonic will be performing at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center of the College of the Canyons. After four seasons at the Hart High School Auditorium, the orchestra is moving to the magnificent Performing Arts Center with its large stage and accommodations for close to 1000 music lovers. The PAC also provides parking adjacent to the theater. However, there are two changes that are necessitated by the move. First, after four years of free concerts, the orchestra will be charging for tickets. Adults will be $12 and seniors and students will be $8, all fees included. Second, due to scheduling constraints, the orchestra will be performing only two concerts instead of our previous three. Concert dates are December 10, 2017 and June 6, 2018. Both dates are Sunday afternoons at 3 p.m.

L-r, Chuck Coia General Manager of Valencia BMW presents a check as season sponsor to Dr. Mark Elfont, President of the Santa Clarita Philharmonic Orchestra. Courtesy photo

The orchestra has opened its fourth annual Student Concerto Competition. This program offers the opportunity for junior and senior high students from all schools in the area to perform with the Santa Clarita Philharmonic at the June 3rd concert. Details of the competition and the application form can be found on our website, www.scphilharmonic.org.

The Santa Clarita Philharmonic is also thrilled to announce three season sponsors. G. Marshall Hann has signed on as our Platinum Sponsor, Valencia BMW will be our Gold Sponsor, and Garelick, Wilkerson & Associates will be our Silver Sponsor. With these generous contributions, the orchestra will be able to increase the number of musicians on stage and provide a richer and fuller sound. Chuck Coia, the General Manager of Valencia BMW, presented the orchestra with a check indicating that Valencia BMW is committed to supporting the arts in Santa Clarita.

Check out the Santa Clarita Philharmonic website www.scphilharmonic.org.

For more details about the concerts. Contact us at [email protected].

Related To This Story

Latest NEWS