Our region has an unwavering commitment to our businesses and is unique in that we take an integrated approach to economic development. Partnerships between the Santa Clarita Valley Economic Development Cor., or SCVEDC, the city of Santa Clarita, Los Angeles County and College of the Canyons help ensure our community will be business-friendly for years to come.
Here’s why the SCV is ranked most business-friendly again and again:
- The SCV has cost advantages: The Santa Clarita Valley has no gross receipt taxes and lower business taxes than nearby cities. Lower taxes are just one example of the region’s pro-business attitude. The SCV is also a foreign trade zone and offers relocation incentives to companies in our target clusters.
- The SCV has strong business clusters: In the Santa Clarita Valley, there are five major industry clusters: aerospace and defense, medical devices, advanced manufacturing, digital media and entertainment and information technology.
- The SCV has room to grow: There are nearly 30 million square feet of industrial and commercial facilities in the SCV and another 8 million square feet of future land development is approved, in addition to the 11 million square feet of planned industrial and commercial in the upcoming Newhall Ranch development.
- The SCV has a strong support network for businesses: Networking meetings for startups and young professionals, business organizations like the SCV Chamber of Commerce and VIA, business assistance from SCVEDC, and workforce development programs at College of the Canyons are just a few of the resources offered to local businesses.
- The SCV has an ideal location: The Santa Clarita Valley’s physical location also contributes to it being a great location for businesses. Its location along the I-5 connects the SCV to the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles, LAX and Burbank Airport.
- The SCV has a great quality of life: The Santa Clarita Valley is the ideal live, work, play location – companies and their teams love it here.
The Santa Clarita Valley Economic Development Corporation (SCVEDC) is a unique private / public partnership representing the united effort of regional industry and government leaders. The SCVEDC utilizes an integrated approach to attracting, retaining and expanding a diversity of businesses in the Santa Clarita Valley, especially those in key industry clusters, by offering competitive business services and other resources. For more information, contact the SCVEDC: SCVEDC.org or 661.288.4400.