By Habeba Mostafa and Katherine Quezada
A fire broke out at a strip mall on the 25800 block of Tournament Road early Saturday morning, according to Martin Rangel, supervising fire dispatcher for the Los Angeles County Fire Department.
Firefighters arrived on the scene at 12:46 a.m. to the two-alarm fire. Four nonvenomous snakes were rescued from the structure.
Based on observations from the scene, multiple businesses were damaged by the fire, including The Olde World Apothecary & Botanica, Village Cleaners and Haven Baptist Church.
“There’s no indication of arson,” said Deputy Nicholas Hoslet, a spokesman for the SCV Sheriff’s Station.
No injuries or transports were reported.
A source from a business in the same shopping center said there is uncertainty surrounding when, or if, any of the center’s businesses will be able to reopen – even those not directly impacted by the fire. Utilities remained shut off in the aftermath of the fire and questions were circulating about the potential fate of the structure as a whole.