Local Teen Seeks Sponsorship
Keely Young. Courtesy photo
By Signal Contributor
Wednesday, October 25th, 2017

By Keely Young, Santa Clarita Contributor

Keely Young. Courtesy photo

Hi, my name is Keely Young. I am on a journey to becoming the next Miss National American Miss All American JR Teen 2017.

The National American Miss pageant has been rated as the Number 1 pageant system for the past 3 years. This will be my 1st year competing at the National Level. I have placed in the top 15 at state for the past 2 years.

The Pageant is in Anaheim on Nov 20-26. I have used my own money that I have earned through acting jobs and turning in recycling in the past, but I am asking for your help in paying for this pageant. Please visit my GoFundMe at www.gofundme.com/keelynaamjrteen.

By competing for this title, I hope to use it as a stepping stone to expand my community service project; “Hearts 4 the Homeless Pets“. It is a resource guide for local homeless who have pets and how to receive free food & services. My hope is to have it grow and become a non-profit that encompasses all of Los Angeles.

For my Girl Scout Silver Award project I am helping the homeless and their pets, most specifically their dogs in Santa Clarita. This topic is important for me to raise awareness and help them because I am a very strong animal lover who has a strong desire to help the homeless. The homeless will give up their food to feed their dogs, as well as stay on the streets, as many shelters will not allow them to bring their pets with them.

As most pet owners will tell you, their pet is considered a family member. And for many homeless, not only are these animals family, but also serve as an emotional service animal, so they cannot be separated from them.

My hope for my program is to offer veterinary services, grooming services, pet supplies and more. I also am hoping to talk to different shelters to see if we provided crates for the animals, they will allow them to stay with their owners at the shelter.

This is why I need your donation to help these animals get health check-ups, better food for them, and much more so that they can live a healthy, happy life.

While I am starting this as a local resource guide, I am hope to expand this to LA County and have it become a 501(c) 3 non-profit.

Sponsors for both the National American Miss All American JR Teen pageant and for ‘Hearts 4 the Homeless Pets’ are welcomed and appreciated.

For more information, please visit https://hearts4homelesspets.wixsite.com/hearts4homelesspets

Follow my journey on Instagram, instagram.com/keelylyoung/

About the author

Signal Contributor

Signal Contributor

Keely Young. Courtesy photo

Local Teen Seeks Sponsorship

Keely Young. Courtesy photo

Upcoming Events

Jan
12
Fri
all-day Domes – Art Exhibit @ Old Town Newhall Library
Domes – Art Exhibit @ Old Town Newhall Library
Jan 12 – May 11 all-day
Domes - Art Exhibit @ Old Town Newhall Library | Santa Clarita | California | United States
Local resident Naomi Young, is the artist featured in the latest exhibit at the Old Town Newhall Library. The exhibit features original paintings and multimedia by Young, an artist born and raised in Jerusalem, Israel,[...]
Feb
1
Thu
all-day “The Golden Oaks of Santa Clarit... @ Valencia Library
“The Golden Oaks of Santa Clarit... @ Valencia Library
Feb 1 – Jun 1 all-day
“The Golden Oaks of Santa Clarita,” Art Exhibit @ Valencia Library  | Santa Clarita | California | United States
“THE GOLDEN OAKS OF SANTA CLARITA” ART EXHIBIT BY BRAD SERGI ON DISPLAY AT THE VALENCIA LIBRARY Library hours: Mon-Thu 10 a.m. – 9 p.m., Fri 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sat 10 a.m. – 5[...]
Feb
14
Wed
all-day Tickets Available Now for 41st A... @ Dodger Stadium
Tickets Available Now for 41st A... @ Dodger Stadium
Feb 14 – May 12 all-day
Tickets Available Now for 41st Annual SCV Dodger Day @ Dodger Stadium | Los Angeles | California | United States
SANTA CLARITA DODGER DAY TICKETS ON SALE NOW! Tickets Start at $25 and Benefit Local Schools and Non-Profits It’s time to step up to the plate! The Santa Clarita City Council invites residents to purchase[...]
Apr
19
Thu
all-day Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival Co... @ Event Locations Vary
Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival Co... @ Event Locations Vary
Apr 19 – Apr 22 all-day
BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW FOR COWBOY FESTIVAL CONCERTS – Locations, Times & Prices Vary 25th Annual Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival offers ticketed performances and special events Get ready for some toe-tapping, two-stepping, guitar-picking musical performances![...]
Apr
20
Fri
Apr 20 – Apr 23 all-day
7:00 pm Hart High School Presents ‘Bye, ... @ Hart High school Auditorium
Hart High School Presents ‘Bye, ... @ Hart High school Auditorium
Apr 20 @ 7:00 pm
Hart High School Presents 'Bye, Bye Birdie' @ Hart High school Auditorium | Santa Clarita | California | United States
Spring Musical Coming April 2018! Hart High Theatre is proud to present Bye Bye Birdie! April 19, 20, 27 & 28 @ 7pm April 28 & 29 @ 1pm When the draft selects rock star[...]
Apr
21
Sat
Apr 21 – Apr 24 all-day
10:00 am Astronomy Day @ Valencia Library
Astronomy Day @ Valencia Library
Apr 21 @ 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
The Local Group Astronomy Club and The Santa Clarita Public Library present our free annual Astronomy Day Celebration. We will be at the Valencia branch of the Santa Clarita Public Library from 10am to 3pm.[...]
10:00 am Resource Parents Needed to Foste... @ College of the Canyons, Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center, Room 222
Resource Parents Needed to Foste... @ College of the Canyons, Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center, Room 222
Apr 21 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Resource Parents Needed to Foster or Foster-Adopt a Child @ College of the Canyons, Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center, Room 222 | Santa Clarita | California | United States
Adoption is a meaningful way for individuals and couples to fulfill their dream of parenting.  There are approximately 64,000 children in foster care in California.  Los Angeles County’s foster care population exceeds 21,000 children with[...]
10:00 am The City of Lancaster’s 27th Ann... @ Sgt. Steve Owen Memorial Park
The City of Lancaster’s 27th Ann... @ Sgt. Steve Owen Memorial Park
Apr 21 @ 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
The City of Lancaster’s 27th Annual California Poppy Festival, Sat & Sun @ Sgt. Steve Owen Memorial Park | Lancaster | California | United States
On April 21 and 22, the City of Lancaster will host the 27th annual California Poppy Festival™ at Sgt. Steve Owen Memorial Park (43063 10th Street West). Drawing more than 40,000 attendees and spanning 35[...]