Couple take the Santa Clarita park challenge
Penni and Art Perrault, of Valencia, had visited all 34 Santa Clarita city parks with their dog, Sundance, when they realized a 35th park — Plum Canyon Park — had opened. Now, they plan to start the circuit again. Courtesy photo

Couple take the Santa Clarita park challenge

By Penni PerraultGuest Contributor In March, after a week or so into the stay-at-home order due to the pandemic, my husband and I were beginning to feel cabin fever. Though…

Continue Reading Couple take the Santa Clarita park challenge
Henry Mayo 8th annual NICU Reunion goes virtual
Staff at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital’s Kim and Steven Ullman Neonatal Intensive Care Unit celebrate NICU graduates with a virtual 8th annual NICU Reunion. Courtesy

Henry Mayo 8th annual NICU Reunion goes virtual

While the coronavirus pandemic has postponed many celebrations, doctors and nurses at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital’s Kim and Steven Ullman Neonatal Intensive Care Unit didn’t let it stop them from…

Continue Reading Henry Mayo 8th annual NICU Reunion goes virtual
Passion Project L.A. welcomes Fire Station 104
Firefighters from Fire Station 104 pose with Passion Project L.A. founder Vicente Escamilla, far left, and volunteer Harut Harutyunyan, far right, after they donated lunch on Sunday, June 21, 2020. Emily Alvarenga/The Signal

Passion Project L.A. welcomes Fire Station 104

After working out of Fire Station 150 for the past two years, Fire Station 104’s crew is excited to finally be settling into their new home.  Loaded with armfuls of…

Continue Reading Passion Project L.A. welcomes Fire Station 104
Robert Lamoureux: Replacing window seal simple, but costly
Robert Lamoureux has more than 40 years of experience as a general contractor, with separate licenses in electrical and plumbing contracting. He owns IMS Construction Inc. in Valencia. His opinions are his own, not necessarily those of The Signal. Opinions expressed in this column are not meant to replace the recommendations of a qualified contractor after that contractor has made a thorough visual inspection. Email questions to Robert at [email protected]

Robert Lamoureux: Replacing window seal simple, but costly

Question No. 1Hi, Robert,My name is Michael J. I’m in Stevenson Ranch, and my home is about 15 years old. Two of the windows in my home have what looks…

Continue Reading Robert Lamoureux: Replacing window seal simple, but costly
Santa Clarita family ties enjoy ‘perfect timing’
Cousins Tim Angelo, Emma Enright and Cade Gallagher, left to right, as seniors at Saugus High School. Courtesy

Santa Clarita family ties enjoy ‘perfect timing’

Saugus residents Cade Gallagher, Tim Angelo and Emma Enright aren’t just cousins, they’re like siblings. “I would say we are brother and sister, instead of cousins,” Enright said. “We’ve always…

Continue Reading Santa Clarita family ties enjoy ‘perfect timing’
Valencia Jazz & Blues 2020 Concert Series canceled
Kelly's Lot plays at the 20th Annual Valencia Jazz and Blues Concert Series at the Westfield Valencia Towncenter Friday evening. Cory Rubin/The Signal

Valencia Jazz & Blues 2020 Concert Series canceled

Due to the restrictions still in place prohibiting large gatherings and concerts, Valencia Jazz & Blues Concert officials have decided to cancel the 2020 series. Set to begin June 19…

Continue Reading Valencia Jazz & Blues 2020 Concert Series canceled
Picnics and conversation: Santa Clarita celebrates Juneteenth
Morelle Brooks paints a sign during a community Juneteenth Celebration at Bridgeport Park Friday afternoon. June 19, 2020. Bobby Block / The Signal.

Picnics and conversation: Santa Clarita celebrates Juneteenth

More than 150 Santa Clarita Valley residents gathered at Bridgeport Park on Friday for picnics, food, singing and communal conversations in celebration of Juneteeth, also known as Freedom Day, joining…

Continue Reading Picnics and conversation: Santa Clarita celebrates Juneteenth
A hard-earned graduation
Mackenzie Voiles graduated from Santa Clarita Christian School with honors and was awarded a full academic scholarship to Liberty University in Virginia. Courtesy

A hard-earned graduation

Canyon Country resident Mackenzie Voiles loved playing volleyball and was captain of her cheer team — that is until she was diagnosed with juvenile arthritis at 13.  “I was all…

Continue Reading A hard-earned graduation