PHOTOS: Making a Habit out of appreciating health care workers
The locally based Landscape Development Inc. sent two Habit burger trucks to Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital last month to provide lunches for all the hospital staff in commemoration of National Hospital Week. Courtesy photo

PHOTOS: Making a Habit out of appreciating health care workers

The locally based Landscape Development Inc. sent two Habit burger trucks to Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital last month to provide lunches for all the hospital staff in commemoration of National…

Continue Reading PHOTOS: Making a Habit out of appreciating health care workers
Law enforcement supporters rally in Valencia
Demonstrators line Valencia Boulevard near the intersection with McBean Parkway Monday afternoon in support of law enforcement officers. June 29, 2020. Bobby Block / The Signal.

Law enforcement supporters rally in Valencia

Dozens of Santa Clarita Valley residents gathered in Valencia on Monday for a rally to show support for law enforcement. Supporters stood at the intersection of Valencia Boulevard and McBean…

Continue Reading Law enforcement supporters rally in Valencia
Officials highlight dangers of illegal fireworks
Los Angeles County Fire Department Chief of Emergency Operations David Richardson speaks about the danger posed by illegal fireworks at a press conference hosted by Fire Station 126 in Valencia Monday morning. June 29, 2020. Bobby Block / The Signal.

Officials highlight dangers of illegal fireworks

In an effort to stop the use of dangerous and illegal fireworks as the Fourth of July holiday approaches, the city of Santa Clarita and its public safety partners conducted…

Continue Reading Officials highlight dangers of illegal fireworks
Robert Lamoureux: Pool deck sealant wears with age
Robert Lamoureux has more than 40 years of experience as a general contractor, with separate licenses in electrical and plumbing contracting. He owns IMS Construction Inc. in Valencia. His opinions are his own, not necessarily those of The Signal. Opinions expressed in this column are not meant to replace the recommendations of a qualified contractor after that contractor has made a thorough visual inspection. Email questions to Robert at [email protected]

Robert Lamoureux: Pool deck sealant wears with age

Question No. 1 Hey Robert,  I live up in Canyon Country. I have a lot of weeds coming up between the concrete slab and the stone around my pool. There…

Continue Reading Robert Lamoureux: Pool deck sealant wears with age
SCV author receives children’s book award
Santa Clarita resident Kat Connolly was awarded a Gold Mom's Choice Award for her children's book, “The Adventures of PJ.” Courtesy

SCV author receives children’s book award

When longtime Santa Clarita resident Kat Connolly adopted a blind kitten, she never expected he would teach her such important life lessons about what it means to embrace your differences.…

Continue Reading SCV author receives children’s book award
Corvette Club hosts food drive
The Santa Clarita Valley Corvette Club holds a food drive to benefit the SCV Food Pantry at Sam's Club on Saturday, June 20, 2020. Courtesy

Corvette Club hosts food drive

With the largest food drive in the world canceled due to the pandemic, the Santa Clarita Valley Food Pantry has found its shelves looking emptier than usual at this time…

Continue Reading Corvette Club hosts food drive

Acts of Kindness: SCV business owner congratulates graduates with balloons

As graduation fast approached amid a global pandemic, Santa Clarita resident Rosalie Sanchez knew she wanted to do something special for graduates. “I actually was really hoping that (the city)…

Continue Reading Acts of Kindness: SCV business owner congratulates graduates with balloons
Couple take the Santa Clarita park challenge
Penni and Art Perrault, of Valencia, had visited all 34 Santa Clarita city parks with their dog, Sundance, when they realized a 35th park — Plum Canyon Park — had opened. Now, they plan to start the circuit again. Courtesy photo

Couple take the Santa Clarita park challenge

By Penni PerraultGuest Contributor In March, after a week or so into the stay-at-home order due to the pandemic, my husband and I were beginning to feel cabin fever. Though…

Continue Reading Couple take the Santa Clarita park challenge