Community

A gift for Valentine’s Day

By Naomi Young Saugus contributor We couldn’t have planned this even if we tried. Our Ryan is a bundle of love that we received on

Memorial March honors World War II soldiers

After years of hearing about the Bataan Memorial Death March, Argel Cardoniga wanted to complete it. The Santa Clarita Valley resident, a Filipino-American fitness instructor and retired senior manager in federal law enforcement, wanted to honor the memories of those who had marched and died all those years ago — including his grandfather.

Community: Education in brief

Joseph Valle named to dean’s list at Mount St. Mary’s University EMMITSBURG, Maryland — Joseph Valle of Valencia has earned dean’s list honors for the

Local teen takes on Eagle Project

Just a little over a month before his 18th birthday, Ryan Everett, of Castaic, is taking on his Eagle Scout project with the Boy Scout

Henry Mayo to host free heart health course

To discuss lifestyle changes to promote heart health, Kim Brown, a registered dietician and nutritionist, is scheduled to lead a conversation and a question-and-answer session

Holy Land tour is trip of a lifetime

By Lila LittlejohnSpecial to The Signal “But why not take a tour of the Holy Lands? It’s the opportunity of a lifetime!” I couldn’t figure

Local singer Stina releases first single

Stina learned firsthand how isolating Hollywood can be behind the glitz and glam. But instead of just moping about it, she turned her experience into art.

Family keeps up smiles for Sarah

While Saturday is a day to support children with cancer as Feb. 15 is International Childhood Cancer Day, for the Donegan family, it’s something they

Shane Steinhart – U.S. Navy – Castaic Resident

Shane Steinhart chose the Navy because he was a good swimmer. “I really didn’t like camping or being in the dirt all that much — I like fishing, and I would rather be on a boat. I could jump off the boat and go swimming,” Steinhart said. “The only deciding factor really was for me was the Marines or the Navy. I scored high enough on the ASVAB score that they were kind of fighting over me.”

Life lessons from the kitchen

Though the master chef at Bella Cucina Italian Restaurant, Luca Luca Toumadi, considers his kitchen a fun one, he still compared an internship with him